Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Big Snow Day


Today was another snow day. I used it to take pictures of beads. It takes longer than you would think to just do that. Then you have to download adjust, adjust, adjust then save.

I did manage to list the above bead on Etsy today. I also applied to a organization of Self Representing Artists. The process can take up to 3 weeks. The group promotes glass lampwork artists and tries to educate the public regarding the differences between mass produced beads and a handmade bead. Believe it or not, no fee, optional donation. You had to send proof in pictures of your studio, beads that you have for sale, etc. If approved you can use their logo on your site selling beads only. I hope my application will be approved. I would not have been ready to do this a few months ago.

I burnt some beads tonight, concentrating on organic style bicone focals. I am anxious to see what the kiln fairy will bring.

After you view the next pictures - Do you think we are going to be out of school for a few days?
These were took out the sliding glass door down stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment