This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mixed Reviews

The above are some of yesterday"s beads. The frit that I thought was going to turn blue, turned a yuky yellow on some and a blah neutral on dark ivory. Not very exciting. The black and kahki beads turned out pretty good, but they are sort of a no brainer. I also had a frit bead that I encased and pressed in the lentil press, to crack right down the mandrel. This doesn't happen to me very often, now that I have the kiln but obviously the frit did not get along with the clear that I put on top. It probably would not have been a very pretty bead anyway.

Tonight I tried to take lots of pictures of beads that I have had a while. Maggie goes back to college soon and there goes the camera. Maybe I can list some items on Etsy before she goes.

I also made a few beads with a dark cranberry frit. I tried it on pink transparent which should work out ok. I also put some frit on a light pink base and also encased a couple. I dragged a couple to try and get a decent hot pink hue. We will see. I still can not seem to get a pink that pleases me.

Maybe I can get some extra torching in on the holiday tomorrow. I have some restringing to do for a friend also.

No comments:

Post a Comment