Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Blueberrry Marble

Well another snow day, I will be working until the end of June and still may not get my days in. Oh well. We are supposed to get between 6 and 10 inches of snow.

Today is a very good friend's 60th Birthday. Happy Birthday Barb.

On the torch today, I used more of the Blueberry Marble glass. I also tried Raku again and used it in the form of shards instead of breaking it into frit. I also tried the shards that I purchase and have had minimal luck with. Both seemed to go a little smoother. I dug out a coffee cup warmer and put the shards on that and heated them. My only problem was picking up the hot shard. Tweezers didn't work to good on that part. I did all of these on an Opal Yellow base and pressed them with the lentil press. Trying to amass beads for two exchanges. One is an earring exchange and the other is bead made in a press exchange. These are the first ever exchanges that I have participated in. We will see how it goes. Looking forward to spending my whole day tomorrow in my studio. I have got some stringing to do and some burning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment