Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A little bit of History


I took a Lampworking glass with Bonnie Blincoe in the fall of 2006. She is the most wonderful person and teacher. It was absolutely the most incredible experience. I have over the years taken lots of classes and have taught myself lots of different things, embroidery, crochet, knitting, sewing, cross stitch, quilting, weaving, gardening, vermiculture etc. So my husband has every right to be skeptical about my "love at first try" claim.

I tried to schedule refresher classes periodically until I could set up a studio in my home. That was made possible by my wonderful husband in the spring of 2009. I have tried to practice every day since then. Sometimes regular life can get in the way. I tried to write in a journal everyday to document my progress but that didn't really suit me. I hope this method will be more productive. It will force me to get better at pictures of my beads and document my success and failures so that I learn from both. Getting a new laptop computer also didn't hurt the decision to start this blog.

I work in a rural school. So I have some free time, summers, snow days, etc. My children are grown (one in college and one has graduated from college). It is the perfect time in my life for this art to enter and enrich. My husband and family are very supportive and that with all of the above makes this journey possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment