Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Upcoming Events



I am so excited next week is the International Society of Glass Beadmakers annual event called the Gathering. This event is being held in Louisville, KY this year. Even though it is a pricey event, at least I will not have to have the expense of airfare. I am not a big fan of going to such a event alone but I really feel this is worth it. I reviewed the schedule of events yesterday, and it really looks like I can keep really busy. Most of my exposure to others who make glass beads has been through the internet, I really am looking forward to meeting and seeing other beadmaker's work in person. I am sure it will be very humbling. This event spans several days, but on Saturday they have a Bead Bazaar open to the public. I hope lots of people who don't make glass beads take advantage of seeing all of the beautiful beads available.

And right after I get back the sign up begins for the Bead Soup Blog Party hosted by the energetic Lori Anderson. I am really looking forward to the 2nd party that I will have participated in. Lori pairs you up with a partner that has different strengths than you do. The purpose of this is to stretch your creative juices. You send a focal, a clasp and some coordinating components to your partner and they create from those items and put their own spin on it. My partner last time was Amber Dawn, she is an amazing polymer clay artist. Her creation with my beads was just fabulous. I never dreamed my beads could grace such an artistic piece.

I have not been on the torch much lately. I drove to see Maggie in NC, just so we could see the movie Harry Potter together. We have seen all of them together and it was well worth it. Now I am busy trying to finish some projects prior to school starting. The worst times of the school year for the Attendance Clerk is the start of the school year and the end of the year. It is mind boggling how crazy it gets. It will be here before I know it.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I'm doing this too. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Partner! :)
    Checked out you blog, looking forward to this bead soup party. Hope to post you soup ingredients today or tomorrow...

    Happy beading!
    /Jenny

    ReplyDelete