Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

New addition to Studio


A surprise find at IKEA was a sort of rack system for kitchens. Mag and I spotted it and thought it would work in my studio to store frit etc. near my torch but not on the crowded table. Danny installed it today and it works wonderful. Total cost a little over $10.00. They even have colored bins and had purple which matched Mag's old bulletin board that I have hanging there also. I am thrilled.


Today at the torch was just good old fashioned fun, no pressure and lots of experiments. Trying to formulate the next jewelry piece?????



Danny has gone to the hydroplane boat races with a friend from Key Electronics. Hope he has a good time. He doesn't get to do enough of that kind of stuff very often. Mag went to Brian's and I just torched away.


Karen sent me some very interesting beads from California. I have got lots of ideas how I can use them with my glass beads.




My son's fiancee' Samantha wanted me to make a turtle for a very good friend of theirs for her birthday and I did manage to make a decent one. Probably my last one though, not really my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment