Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Francisco Farm Art Fair

Well Mag and I went to the Art Fair at Midway College. It is rated in the top 10 in the nation. It is a great fair. Wonderful artists, but oh so hot. Last year we went and I have only been that hot a couple of times in my life. Guess what this year it was the same and we got there at 10:15am. Mag thought she was melting. It was really hard to enjoy the artists work. I keep thinking that at some point that I may want to exhibit at this one. All the artists say it is a great show for the artists also. Along with being hot you are at the mercy of storms also. It is that time of year. I do not know? I would love to go to the Art Fair at St James in Louisville in the fall. Maybe the weather would be better, it is also rated in the top 10 in the nation.

I have several necklaces in the works for the Sheltowee Gallery. I will post pictures when they are finished. Several have been in the works for awhile and could not decide how to finish them.
I seem to have to be in a certain frame of mind to make jewelry, that is not the case with making beads. I can sit at the torch anytime and make beads. Jewelry takes decisions; length, design, clasp, colors etc.

My business cards arrived today. Really fast service, I am really happy with how they turned out. We are going to another art fair tomorrow in Somerset and a open house for a jewelry designer here in London. I think I will take a business card to the open house. Boy does this sound like the big city or what? If you didn't know, you would think it was the other London.

No comments:

Post a Comment