Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Finally finished at school

I have finally completed my contract with school. All the snow days bite you in the but at the end. I do enjoy them when we get them just not so much at the end. Spent today taking care of little things. Going to torch a while, and try to get some sets made for my space at the Gallery. Ordered business cards today that Maggie designed . Love them, ordered them from Vista Print. We are going to use that same design for my tags on the jewelry, trying to be consistent.

We are going to IKEA tomorrow. We have been trying to get there since the first of May. Every time we try it storms and I needed tires. It is not supposed to rain tomorrow just very hot. Oh well.

This week end we are going to try and go to one of the top Art Fairs in the country the Francisco Farm show at Midway, KY. I also want to try to go to the Art show in Somerset in order to try to get my mind set to prepare for my first Art Fair in November. Same venue different people put the show on, but some of the same participants. Also one of my students from the Library is having an open house on Sunday in London and I would like to stop by there to support her effort. Her husband told her she should find a local bead maker to buy from. Hope I am it. She is a very talented lady with a lot going on. Her name is Stacey Edwards Wilhite (S.E.W. Creations). She is new to town and seems to have a lot of energy.

I got the nicest Thank You card from Gwen Stivers at the Library for doing the demonstration/class on Saturday. People do not send enough thank you notes. I was thrilled to receive it. She is a very nice and professional lady and the Library is lucky to have her.

Headed to torch awhile. Mag is cooking. Better take advantage of that while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment