Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party

You may have noticed the gadget about Bead Soup Blog Party. This is the 3rd one hosted by Lori Anderson of Pretty Things blog. The sign up period lasted one week and resulted in 210 participants. We found out who are partner is today. I have been partnered with a very talented mixed media artist named Amber Dawn whose blog is titled Inventive Soul. Even the blog name is creative. From what I have read so far her current focus is Polymer clay. She has a Etsy store also by the name of Amber Dawn. I am a lucky blogger. The purpose of participating in this party is to meet new artists and grow creatively. I am really excited about preparing the surprise package for Amber. She is located in NY, so with out an activity like this we would never have been introduced. She is so talented in areas that I can only dream of. Hopefully she will be pleasantly surprised with what I send. Items are to be sent on January 28th and the party reveal is February 26th. Each participant sends a focal, clasp, and a selection of beads to go with them. It will be interesting to see how she will interpret my vision into her style. On the reveal day everyone will post pictures of the finished product. Then everyone ideally visits all 210 blogs to view the results. I think it took me several days last winter to look at all of them and there were less than a 100. Who knows how long it will take me this time. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment