Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Boy Was This Summer Short

Today was the first day I worked in the 2010-2011 school year. Not ready to go back, at all. Sat in a Medication training all day. Tomorrow gets even better - meeting at central office, can't wait. I have been trying to take care of all the things people had asked me to do, hemming, earrings, lariats, etc. I am trying to burn beads in the same time frame. I have tried two hollow beads with the new puffy mandrels. Not easy. I seem to be able to make the glass move but they still are not very hollow. We will see how my second one is in the morning. Maggie is now attending UNCG and their colors are navy and YELLOW. If you know me well, I do not do well with yellow. I made two beads tonight with a navy core and encased in clear with Yellow dots, two different yellows. Mag says that the yellow is a golden tone, even worse for me. But she can't wear red and black (WKU) colors at UNCG. I will send them to her and see which one is the ONE. I am also working on a orange with black dot set, maybe Halloweenish. Orange was my favorite color when I was 13, everything I wanted was orange. I think I overdosed on orange. It ties with yellow now.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that orange was your favorite color when you were younger. This explains everything!

    Love you,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete