Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rainy Sunday

Maggie and Brian returned to Western today.  The week did not last long enough.  We really enjoy it when they are home. 

I finished Dad’s windsock today.  Finished a necklace that had been in progress for at least a month.  It was a friends Mother –in-Laws necklace and she wanted it restrung.  I am not super happy with it, but it is what she wanted.  Made a couple of pair of earrings for an exchange through Lampwork Etc.  I also made a pair of earrings for me.  I don’t do that very often.  They are a khaki and black polka dot pair. 

Then believe it or not I made some beads.  I had a request for some UK beads.  So I played around with a couple of designs.  A wildcat paw is not as easy as it looks.  You can have all the right elements but it just doesn’t look right.  May take some more practice.  Colors might be ok though.

If I could get them right, I might be able to sell a few, since they are in the tournament and UK fans are very enthusiastic.

Maggie brought her camera home, but forgot the cable.  So I took some pictures but don’t have them yet. 

I really think a blog is boring without pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment