Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday and No Snow for A Change

I am again trying something new.  Windows Live Writer allows me to post to my blog remotely from the Windows format.  I am hoping that it will be a tad easier to get things lined up.14

One of the most annoying things about the setup on the blog was that you could not wrap text around the pictures.  I just figured it out in Windows.  That makes this step worth it in my mind.  I even got a border added to the picture. This is a pair of earrings I made for Mag last summer.  Not the best picture but worked for test purposes.

Sorry about not posting the past few days.  I have not felt real well; battling a UTI.  I did manage to make some beads that I am fairly pleased with, some weren’t what I expected though.  I tried a round shape in my Beadroller tool and for the first time it came out round.  I even like the design.  Nothing earth shattering but a twist on something that I have done before and I think everyone else has done too.  My son’s girlfriend wants a pair of light blue earrings, so I managed those.  I have issues doing the same thing over and over again, when I have a set in mind, I just do one or two each session of that design.  The thought of doing nothing but one design in a session just isn’t me.  It might make me more productive and the design better but what fun would that be.

Danny took the Census Bureau test yesterday and passed with a 97.  He is thinking of doing that for a couple of weeks for extra cash, since our car is in the shop.  He suggested that I try also but I am a little leery about me going to some houses in this area by myself since I am so well liked by some parents.  There is the problem of meth labs also.  They train you in March and then you work 20 to 40 hours a week in April.  I don’t know if I can manage beads, school, census and house etc.

I also have been working on my father’s Birthday present-a windsock.  I love the design but why oh why can I not pick something simple.  I always start a project thinking I can finish it sooner than I really can.  I forget how long it takes to stitch all of those pieces on.  When you look at the whale it looks simple but not in reality. I plan on working more on it today.  Hopefully I will feel good enough to be patient with it.  Sewing a windsock for me is a contrast in emotions.  I love it because I can work with patterns and fabric that my mom so loved.  The other side is struggling with not being able to ask her questions.  I also worry that my design and quality is up to her standards.  I am not sure my father is as picky as my mom or myself.  So I hope he will like it even if it is going to be a little late, nothing new on that account.

I am going to try to take some decent pictures again today.  The 2 mg pixels is just not cutting it.  Need to really get with Darrin and have him take good pictures.  Maggie will be home in two weeks for Spring Break, hopefully with her camera in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment