Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Big Day

Well today is the day we take all of Mag's and my hard work and put it into the U-Haul. It is supposed to be mid 90's to boot. I am excited for her but sad for Danny and me. It really is a joy to have her around. She is great at calling so maybe it won't be too bad.

I am excited for her to start her new adventure. So many new experiences, Graduate classes, Graduate Assistantship, and a part time job as a Personal Trainer, all at UNCG. She also will be moving into her first apartment with long time boyfriend Brian. He is very supportive of everything Maggie does, which is a lot of things.

Your job as parents, as I have always seen it, is to prepare your children for the world. Both of my children are fully engaged in the big outside world. I hope that Danny and I have prepared them well. I think we have. Problem is we will always be parents and can not help but worry. I guess they will not understand that until they have kids of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment