Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh what to wear that will sell my beads?

I struggle every time I attend an event at which I am selling my beads and jewelry on what I should wear. I have a few pieces that I am very fond of but they are not complete (earrings, necklace and bracelet). So I decided to finally complete at least one of them. It is a simple set but I hope will match several outfits. LOL. The necklace is one of the first items that I made for myself several years ago. It is also one of the pieces that I used to jury into the Sheltowee Artisan Guild. It is one of the few that I have vowed never to sell. It just has sentimental value. This picture is not the best due to no sunshine and white and clear are kind of hard to photograph on the background I use.
I also completed a necklace and earrings set today in preparation for a jewelry sale on Monday. I am super pleased with this set, although it also does not photograph well. The bubbles in the glass just have a sparkle that does not come across in the picture. I will definitely have to make myself one with a very special clasp that I have rat holed for a special piece.
Although I listed a pair of these earring beads on Etsy, I saved a pair just for earrings to match this necklace.
Hope your day wasn't as dreary as it was here.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new picture at the top of the blog. Very artistic. It looks like a picture I would take.

    Love you,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have that problem because I don't keep much of what I make! And then I don't want to end up wearing the same thing that my customers have already seen me in. I always run around like a chicken with its head cut off a week before the show trying to fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all lovely. I also think it is not essential to wear everything matching. That way you can show off different things, different colors etc
    jenni

    ReplyDelete