Welcome

This blog is intended to document my journey into the world of handmade artisan lampwork beads.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Patrick is Adjusting in S. Korea

We have heard from Patrick twice since he left on Monday. We did have a few days of silence which was agonizing for us. I am sure he was fine. Danny took these pictures of him leaving Nashville. He did comment last night to Danny that his beard even though allowed (short and trimmed) is scaring little Korean children. I do not think they encounter many beards. He seems to be socializing with the other English speaking teachers (one is from South Africa). This is good. He does not have his permanent residence yet as that gentleman has not left yet. Patrick is is training for at least 3 weeks. I am so sure that he will be great at this.

I just could not concentrate on making beads until we had heard from him. It was also the first week of school which is absolutely horribly busy for me. Today I was in a much better frame of mind. I worked for about 4 hours. I have a kiln full. Who knows how they will turn out. I also strung a badge lariat, just need to add clasp. I have got several people wanting things, which is good, but got to get focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment